The glue has dried, so I pulled the clamps. I set the larger spindle up in the spindle sander and sanded all of the larger curves.
I stepped sown to the 1-1/2″, then the 3/4″ spindles to get the smaller curves inside the horns.
Next, I broke out my trusty old Black a& Decker trim router and installed the 1/8″ round-over bit.
I ran the cutter around the front and back. I left the edges around the neck pocket sharp because they will set against the neck.
The last thing that I need to do before passing this body on to the client, is to make my mark. I tucked it out of the way, in the neck pocket, so it won’t be visible when the guitar is assembled.
Here are shots of the front and rear.
The client was impressed by the light weight. He thinks it will have a really good tone. I will try to get a few pictures of the completed guitar, when it is assembled. He is also talking about wanting a Stratocaster made from the same material. I have one piece of hemlock left. It has a few more cracks and a large knot, but it should work nicely. We will have to wait and see how this one sounds.