It has been a busy week so far, but I was able to get all of my wood for the project. The majority of the wood was donated by Alex Grabenstein at Vintage Lumber in Woodsboro MD. The rough material list, that appears in my plans, is geared toward the wood dimensions that Alex can supply me. Most of the wood he gives me is cut and planed to the dimensions required to make varying widths of hardwood flooring. For the 6/4 (1-1/2″ thick) boards used on the base, I had to go to my friend Dave at Saint Joseph’s Carpentry shop in Poolesville MD. He cuts and dries his own domestic lumber and lets me come pick through it now and then. I found a couple of nice, straight , 12″ long boards that will be big enough to join together to make a nice solid base. I spent my time this evening, just sorting through the wood. The majority of the short oak pieces will be used to make the columns, and the vertical boards that will frame the raised panels. The 6′ long boards will be used for the horizontal panel frames, as well as veneer for the top. There are a few 5/4 boards that will be used on top of the 6/4 boards at the base, as well as the rounded cap piece that will go around the top. The walnut will be used for the raised panels as well as all the trim and the inlaid crosses. A lot of the walnut has some beautiful grain and sapwood running through it. It will look very nice in the trim and inlay, but will make it a challenge to join two pieces for the panels and make them look like one board. Since I intend to use a CNC router to carve something into the front panels, I will try to piece together the more solid colored pieces in the front, and maybe the more figured ones will be used on the side. I sorted through the pile and stacked it all against my wood rack so I could get my saw and workbench back. I will need both to cut and plane everything. Hopefully, I will get to that this weekend, but we will be taking my oldest off to college Saturday, so I am leaving my schedule open for now.