With the seats cut out yesterday, I started this evening by finishing them up. I took down any high spots around the edges on the spindle sander.
Next, I flipped the seat over and put an 1/8″ chamfer around the bottom.
Then I flipped it back over and put a 1/4″ round-over on the front.
Since my 1/4″ round bit is old and a bit dull, I have a few burn marks to remove. No big deal because, with all the curves in the seat, the round-over bit couldn’t quite reach deep enough to make everything equally round anyway. I just touched it up with the orbital sander.
With the seat out of the way for now, I got out the blanks for the seat backs. I laid out the curve and the cuts on the back.
I cut them down on the bandsaw, then cleaned them up on the spindle sander.
A little time with the orbital and they were done as well. Tomorrow, I will finish notching the front legs and the cross pieces, then it will be time to assemble.