I ran out this morning and picked up a new toy. Dewalt’s new 12″ sliding compound miter saw. Now I will be able to cross-cut all my larger lumber. My other miter saw would only cut 8″ wide stock. This baby will cut at least 14″. It is also a bit quieter than the other one.
With the new saw set-up, I got back on the pub chairs. I realized this morning that I had neglected to laminate wood for the front legs, so I cut and planed down the wood for them and glued them up.
With that done, I got back to the legs that I marked out yesterday. I cut them out on the band saw and rough sanded them on the spindle sander.
The last thing I am doing today is filling a know in one of the seat boards and some worm holes that are in one of the legs. I am using the two part epoxy that I used on the seat of the last pub chair. It turned out very nice on that one so I will try it again. Since the worm hole is in the corner, I used painters tape to hold the shape of the corner and keep the epoxy from oozing out. I will have to let you know tomorrow how that turns out.