I had a few hours last night to work on the legs for the chairs, so I started out by scraping down the epoxy on the seat with a card scraper, then set the seat aside.
I spent some time laying out the first leg blank. There is enough room on the board to lay out three other parts, so they went on there as well.
Since the majority of the cuts are curves, I will be doing most of the cutting on the bandsaw.
When all of the pieces were cut, I spent some time on the spindle sander, cleaning up the freshly cut edges.
Before I finished cutting the front of the rear legs, I drilled the counterbore in the back while the front could still sit flat. Once that hole was drilled, I finished cutting the front side on the bandsaw.
Well, nearly finished. My 1/4″ blade broke half way through the last cut on the first leg. I put my 3/4″ blade back on. It doesn’t do well with small curves, but I don’t have much choice having no other blades. Luckily there are not any small curves on this project.
Once the leg was sanded, I used the pieces I cut from the first blank as patterns to lay out the second blank.
I finished cutting out all of the pieces I need for the rear legs and the stretchers. The wider bandsaw blade actually worked much better than the 1/4″ blade did. Being much stiffer, it didn’t belly out when I cut the curves in the front stretchers like the 1/4″ blade did when I cut the seat. That is enough for one evening. It’s nearly midnight, time for bed.