I started out this evening by cutting the dados to receive the front stretchers. Since I don’t have a dado blade for the table saw, I decided to use my chisels.
Both the front stretchers fit well when I did a test fit, so I drilled the counter-bores in the legs centered on the stretchers.
I then drilled out pilot holes for the 3″ screws I will be using, and screwed it together.
When the front was assembled, I attached the rear legs and the seat back just to see what everything would look like.
Since it all seemed to fit well, I flipped the chair over and attached the rear legs and cross braces.
Lastly, I attached the seat back.
I still need to cut down the rear legs, do a final sanding, glue it, screw it, and plug the holes, but it is after midnight so I did a test fit on my rear end and called it a night.
Looking good….. The chair I’am talking about, not the 200 lbs. LOL