Midnight Woodworking

Woodworking

Ironing board storage cabinet – day 10

I had a couple of hours to work last night so I drilled the last three pocket holes for the top. I glued it as well as screwing it down.

Drilling the pocket holes

Drilling the pocket holes

I used pocket hole plugs on the two visible pockets in the front of the cabinet. I wiped a bit of stain on them so they would blend in.

Plugging the pocket holes

Plugging the pocket holes

I decided to use up the rest of my wipe-on-poly, left over from the benches I did a couple of weeks ago. I used this on the hard-to-reach areas inside the cabinet.

Using up the wipe-on-poly on the inside

Using up the wipe-on-poly on the inside

When that task was done, I got a brush and applied regular polyurethane to all exterior surfaces, including the detached door. With the first coat done, I will let it cure over night. I can apply the second coat. Sometime tomorrow, I hope to get the second coat on and finish up.

Brush-on Poly on the outside

Brush-on Poly on the outside

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Information

This entry was posted on April 5, 2013 by in Church projects, furniture and tagged , , , .

Number of visitors

  • 125,429 hits

Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 87 other followers

Browse by catagory

Browse my archive

%d bloggers like this: