Midnight Woodworking

Woodworking

Ironing board storage cabinet – day 5

The evening did not start well. Not working from a set of plans is really becoming a problem. I cut the top and the bottom so I could do a dry-fit and check everything out. The top was 1-1/4″ too short so I quickly cut and planed a strip to add to the top. While that was glueing up, I started on the bottom. I drilled pocket holes and added a 2″ kick to the front. I managed to break the brad point off my drill bit for the pocket hole jig, so that ended that. I then decided to move on to the door. I did a test fixture to check the hinges that I had purchased for this door. They, of course, did not work as planned. I purchased the same ones that I used on the sacristy cabinet. That door was a flush mounted door and this one was to be a half overlay door. So I finally decided to give up for the evening. I placed an order for the new drill bit and hinges at Lee Valley then sat down to do this post. I had hoped to finish the cabinet this weekend, but it looks like I will have to wait for my package to arrive first.

Adding an extra 1-1/4'

Adding an extra 1-1/4′

Pocket holes in the base

Pocket holes in the base

Base dry-fit

Base dry-fit

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Information

This entry was posted on March 27, 2013 by in Church projects, furniture and tagged , , .

Number of visitors

  • 125,701 hits

Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 87 other followers

Browse by catagory

Browse my archive

%d bloggers like this: