The last coat of tung oil has dried, so I applied a coat of paste wax.
After 15 minutes or so, I rubbed it off and buffed it out. It leaves a nice luster to the finish.
Next step was to line the control cavity with adhesive-backed copper, for shielding.
I was asked to sign the guitar, so I tucked my name away in the neck pocket.
After that, I added the buzz bridge and the tail piece.
I added the jack, then the tone and volume potentiometers.
then I installed the tuners in the head and attached the neck.
After adding the leg rest, I sat down to figure out the wiring. I am no expert at electronics, so it takes me a while. I had a little trouble and actually wound up re-wiring it three times till I got it right.
Finally I got it right and attached the panel cover to close it all up.
The last thing I did before wiring it up was to put a rejuvenating coat of oil on the fret board. May as well make it all look new.
Here is a before and after shot. I think it is a bit of an improvement.
Since I don’t play, I am going to hand it over to my friend Bill, the proud new owner, and he can set it all up properly. There may be a couple tweaks required to get the buzz bridge set up, but for the most part, I think I am done. I took a few different photos trying to find just the right light.