Five of the six coats of tung oil have been applied. Before I add the final coat, I want to drill out all of the holes for the hardware. I would have done this sooner, but I only just received the rest of the hardware that will be used.
The CNC program, that I created for this guitar placed pilot holes at most of the correct locations so I only needed to drill them out a bit larger to accommodate the screws. I did not want to locate pilot holes for the potentiometers until I knew which ones I would be using, so I left the control area blank in the program. Now that I have the volume and tone potentiometers, that I am using, I located them in the control pocket and drilled the correct size holes for them.
Straying away from the original jack location, in the face, I added one to the side, between the leg rest and the strap button location.
I gave the entire guitar body a good sanding with steel wool, then 400 grit sand paper.
I applied the sixth and final coat, then hung it out to dry.
Tomorrow, I will give it a good rub down with some paste wax, then install the hardware.