Midnight Woodworking

Woodworking

Altar cloth and storage cabinets – day 18, delivered

The last time I delivered a cabinet to Saint Joseph’s it snowed. Looks like this delivery was no different. Thankfully, my friend Tony offered to bring his trailer and 4-wheel drive pick-up, and help with the delivery. We also had the added bonus of Brook tagging along. She mainly managed to get in the way, but didn’t seem to mind at all…

Tony and Brook, helping me today

Tony and Brook, helping me today

We started by unloading the drawers and taking them in first. That removed nearly 100 pounds from the big cabinet, allowing us to be able to carry it in the building.

Pulling the drawers

Pulling the drawers

The church staff removed the previous storage cabinet earlier in the week and applied a coat of primer to the wall. Since the carpet was installed around the older, larger cabinet, I installed the 3/4″ plywood base, that I built, to cover the gap. With a little shimming, we got it as level as possible and trimmed the base trim, so the cabinet would set as close to the wall as possible.

In, out of the snow

In, out of the snow

Base and lower cabinet installed

Base and lower cabinet installed

With the base level, the cabinet fit into the corner nicely. I ran a screw through the back panel into, what we hoped was a stud, to help prevent tipping.

Upper cabinet installed

Upper cabinet installed

We set the upper cabinet on top, then vacuumed the floor.

All three cabinets

All three cabinets

The only thing left is the crown molding, that is, hopefully, being cut today. I will pop back on another weekend and put that up. I am done for now.

Same three cabinets, from an even worse angle...

Same three cabinets, from an even worse angle…

Here are a couple of “before” shots of the existing cabinets. The first one is the storage cabinet that I just replaced with the altar cloth cabinet and the upper storage cabinet.

Existing storage cabinet

Existing storage cabinet

The second one was the corner cabinet that I replaced with the large storage cabinet, on the right.

Existing corner cabinet

Existing corner cabinet

This is a picture of the existing built-in set of cabinets that I attempted to match.

Existing built-in cabinets to be matched

Existing built-in cabinets to be matched

One comment on “Altar cloth and storage cabinets – day 18, delivered

  1. dtugboat
    March 17, 2014

    Thank you for showing the relationship of the various cabinets in their new home. You sure did meet your objective, by matching the cabinets. Brook did her job….. that of supervisor. LOL

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Information

This entry was posted on March 17, 2014 by in Church projects, furniture and tagged , .

Number of visitors

  • 125,701 hits

Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 87 other followers

Browse by catagory

Browse my archive

%d bloggers like this: