My last coat of urethane has dried, so I re-installed all of the hardware.
With everything finished, I started on the last piece of the project. The cabinet, that was located where these are going, has been removed. It was larger than these, so there is a large uncarpeted area left on the floor. I am going to edge-band a piece of plywood, large enough to cover the spot.
I cut the male side of the banding on the solid oak, and the female side into the plywood.
After ripping the edge banding in half, I cut the first miter on each piece.
With a little help, I attached the banding and marked the second miter.
I applied glue to the groove and clamped up the long edge. The ends were too far apart for my 5′ clamps, so I made sure they were seated tightly and held them in with several pieces of 2″ wide painter’s tape.
After an hour, I ran the flush trim bit along the face, then ran a round-over bit all the way around.
I applied the first coat of polyurethane and called it a night. I hope to get one or two more coats applied tomorrow. If the weather holds, I should be able to deliver it the next day.