I had a few hours to play in the shop yesterday, so I pulled the clamps off of the drawer faces, and planed them down to 3/4″.
Once planed, I clamped them all together and cut them to the exact length.
I set the drawer faces aside for now, so I can move on to the next batch of things to be sized. All that I have left to process is the front face frames, and the drawer bodied. Once all of them are milled down, I can start pulling all of this together into two cabinets.
I sifted through my pile of 4″ to 7″ wide boards to find the best grain and color matches for the front face of the cabinet. The less pretty boards can be used for the drawer frames since they will be seldom seen. I ripped down several boards, and cut them to a few inches over-sized for planing.
The boards will all be cut to the correct length once the main body of both cabinets has been assembled.
Of course, all of the planing has generated another 20 gallons of sawdust or so.
I also have the added benefit of a massive pile of off-cuts. The thinner, more useless pieces will be cut down for kindling. Kiln dried oak makes fantastic kindling if anyone wants some. I seem to have an unending supply…