I pulled the clamps from the rails, after they spent the last day drying. To flatten out the edges, I ran my 2″ wide chisel down the face to remove the majority of the glue squeeze-out.
This gave me a flat surface to run through the planer.
After the planer removed the rest of the glue and all of the saw marks, I was left with some very sharp corners. Since these rails will be mounted beneath the table, I decided to chamfer all the edges. I wouldn’t want anyone to bang a knee into a sharp corner.
A dozen strokes with the block plane down each edge was enough to soften the corners.
Even though the ends will be up against the sides of the table apron, I chamfered them as well. Hopefully, I will be able to get out this weekend to install these rails, and see how well they work.