Not much going on today. I am just putting the second, and probably final coat of polyurethane on the chair. I began by sanding everything down with a scotch-brite pad to take down any raised grain and dust nibs.
Adam decided to keep me company by working on some of his own projects.
I applied the second coat of poly and left everything to dry. Hopefully tomorrow it will be ready for re-assembly.
One thing I wanted to do for this chair is add a pillow or head-rest of some sort. I decided on a tube-shaped pillow, with a tail, that I can throw over the back of the chair to either counter-balance the pillow and hold it up, or to be sewn on at a later date. I decided on a 5″ diameter pillow, so I cut some 6″ circles and had my wife sew them to a large rectangular piece, then we inverted the thing and stuffed it. After that, my wife sewed the tail into the open seam, by hand.
Tomorrow, when I get to put the chair back together, I will test out the pillow and let you know how it works. Its midnight again, so I am off to bed.