Busy day yesterday, no time to get into the shop. Tonight, well last night since it is 1:00AM, I trimmed up the edges of all the boards I just laminated together. I made sure to make them at least 1/4″ oversized this time so I could easily clean the sides up on a table saw. I ran a plane down the smoothest side, to knock down any glue squeeze-out, then ran them through the table saw with the cleaned side up against the fence. Next I flipped the board and cut the opposite side, this time taking it down to 3″. I had made up a template, the other day, for this part, so I laid out the stretcher then squared up the ends on the miter saw.
I took a few minutes and installed the new blade I got for the band saw. This one is a 1/2″ wide blade. It should give me better results than my 1/4″ blade did. After that was all set up, I started cutting the curves for the stretchers. The new blade worked well. It cut very smoothly.
With the curves cut, I moved over to the spindle sander to clean up the shape a bit.
After just a few minutes, I had all four shaped and sanded. Enough for today, time for bed.