With the glue dried on the box, I started on the frame. I picked up the cheapest 8″x10″ frame that I could find. I kept the glass and threw away the rest.
I had a re-sawn piece that needed a little flattening in the planer.
Once that was done, I ripped it into four strips that would create the frame.
I decided to join the face frame with lap joints so I cut them to length then took them over to the router table and cut the laps out.
Next I used a chisel to clean up the joints.
Cleaned and sanded, then assembled for a fit-check.
Before I finished for the day, I cut the mortises for the hinges in the box.
Tomorrow, I will figure out how I will mount the glass and locate the hinges on the face…