Midnight Woodworking

Woodworking

Day 7 – Sacristy cabinet

I started out by cutting out the door panel for the locked storage area. Luckily I had the foresight to cut the bottom of the door before glueing it up. It would have been rather difficult to do afterwards… Next, I finished cutting the dados in the sides. I had to re-purpose yesterday’s dado cutting jig. It worked better than I expected. Cutting the dados enabled me to do a dry-fit just to see if everything lined up. So far so good. I marked the locations that I thought would be good for pocket hole screws, then pulled everything back apart. I drilled out all the pockets and put it back together again standing up. This sucker is getting a little big. I might have to mount the casters just to move it around the shop.

Cutting out the door panel

Cutting out the door panel

Routing out the dados in the sides

Routing out the dados in the sides

Dry-fit assembly on the floor

Dry-fit assembly on the floor

Drilling the pocket holes

Drilling the pocket holes

Drilling more pocket holes

Drilling more pocket holes

Assembled with pocket screws

Assembled with pocket screws

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Information

This entry was posted on February 16, 2013 by in Church projects, furniture and tagged , , .

Number of visitors

  • 129,289 hits

Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 88 other followers

Browse by catagory

Browse my archive

%d bloggers like this: