I put the third coat of poly on early this morning so I would have time for one more today. Before applying the fourth coat, I sanded the entire thing down with 400 grit paper to smooth out any dust that may have settled into the finish. I applied the fourth and last coat and let it sit for a few hours more.
After I re-installed the hinges on the door, I remembered to install the escutcheon, as well. It has two thin plates of metal inside that get pushed into the wood on the sides of the opening.
I purchased tome thin, flat, clear vinyl feet that I stuck to the perimeter on the bottom. These should prevent sliding or scratching.
Before placing the window in its hole, I added some clear thin strips of double-sided tape to the outer edge. This will prevent the glass from rattling.
After the window went in, I installed the retainer, then added the pyx to make sure the finish didn’t gum up the slot.
Then I took a bunch of pictures from different angles…
As I was sitting down to write this post, my wife reminded me to put my mark on the tabernacle.
I got out my ink and rubber stamp, and went back down to the shop. I decided to mark the inside of the hidden door. Not too obtrusive I hope.