After spending over three hours yesterday making the first drawer, I was able to batch out the other four today in about four hours.
First step was to run a bunch of cove trim. I need eight pieces for the drawers, and a couple more for trim on the base cabinet. I ran more than I needed, so I will store the rest for another project. I figured that I may as well run extra while everything was set up.
I pulled out the pieces that I need for this project, and sanded them down, then set them aside.
Next, I batched out the sides. They went a little faster today because I was able to drill out two at a time.
After the cradle notches were cut and sanded, I drilled the pocket holes in the long boards. I moved my holes in a little closer on these so there would be more room to add the dowels later.
I also remembered to pre-drill pilot holes before assembly. I managed to not split a single side.
With the frames assembled, I planed the bottom panels down until they were a nice tight fit. After glueing, but before nailing them down, I checked to make sure the drawers were perfectly square.
I got all four drawers done, except for the dowels. It is after 1:00 AM, so I am going to put that off until tomorrow…