The high-resolution scan, done by the Carvewright, with the scanning probe, was completed after 10.5 hours. I pulled in the scan to the software this morning. It looks like everything turned out well.
I set up the 3D image to be carved on a 12″ wide by 7.5″ tall piece of scrap walnut that I had. The Carvewright estimates that it will take 4.5 hours to carve on “Best quality”. “Optimal” would take almost 6 hours, so I went with “Best” since that was what I scanned it at.
About 4.5 hours later the carve was complete. I ran the buff sander over it to remove all of the fuzzies that were left behind. I cut down the board to the frame that was carved out, then gave it a final sanding. I don’t have a Dremmel sanding tool, so I made do with hand sanding.
The new carving is smaller than the original, so a bit of the detail was lost, but I think it came out well. I will try giving it a couple of coats of Tung oil and see how it looks.
Looks nice, can’t wait to see it in person.